About Dr. Axel B. Röpke
Dr. Axel B. Röpke specialises in renewable energies law and corporate law. He also supports corporate acquisitions (Mergers and Acquisitions, M&A).
Axel Röpke has been supporting clients with projects and investments in the field of renewable energies for 10 years – since 2012 as a partner at Sagawe & Klages. He counts domestic and foreign investment funds, private investors and banks among his clients whom he advises on cross-border transactions and other renewable energy-related projects. Before that, he worked as a lawyer at an IT company and at a large Danish and a medium-sized Danish-German office, most recently as the head of the Renewable Energies department.
Axel Röpke has been serving as a regional director of Bundesverband Windenergie Hamburg (BWE) since 2009, from 2015 to 2017 he also served as a vice president of BWE on a federal level. He is a sought-after expert on issues of energy law and on the development of the renewable energy market in Germany.
He likes to spend his leisure time in Denmark, sailing or rowing across the water. Or you will find him on the lawn with a firm grip on his tennis racket or golf club.
List of publications
- Hochschule und Stiftungen des öffentlichen Rechts – eine Untersuchung unter besonderer Berücksichtigung von Verfassung und Haushalt in Niedersachsen, Berlin 2006
- Legal Frameworks in different countries: Dänemark, in: Jörg Böttcher (Hrsg.), Rechtliche Rahmenbedingungen von EE-Projekten, Band 2, Berlin 2017
- Degree in “Energy Law and Management”, Bochum, 2009
- Legal doctorate, 2005
- Admission to the German bar, 2004
- University studies at Osnabrück, Paris and Hamburg
- Deutsch-Nordische Juristenvereinigung (German-Nordic Association of Legal Practitioners)
- Regional director of Bundesverband Windenergie Hamburg (BWE)
- Legal counsel of Bundesverband Windenergie, federal level
- Danmarks Vindmølleforening
- Cluster Erneuerbare Energien Hamburg (cross-industry association in the field of renewable energies)
- ELSA Alumni
- Dansk Business Club
- Old Table 100 Hamburg
- Handelskammer Hamburg (Hamburg Chamber of Commerce), Energy committee